Name of the Organization : Resonance Eduventures Limited
Name of the Exam : Student Talent Reward Test – STaRT
Document Type : Sample Test Paper
Year : 2018
Class : VIII
Website : http://resostart.in/download-sample-paper.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
ResoSTaRT Class VIII Sample Paper
Download the Sample Test Paper of Student Talent Reward Test – STaRT for class VIII from the official website of Resonance Eduventures Limited.
Related : ResoSTaRT Sample Paper Class VII 2018 : www.pdfquestion.in/34847.html
This section contains (1-10) multiple choice questions. Each question has choices (A), (B), (C) and (D) out of which ONLY ONE is correct.
1. Which one of the following has no unit–
(D) Relative density
2. A beam of sunlight is incident on a glass prism placed in air. Which colour of light will be located closest to base ?
3. If a 10 kg and 25 kg body is dropped freely from the same height under gravity, they will strike the earth-
(A) at the same time
(B) the body of 25 kg will reach earlier
(C) the body of 10 kg will reach earlier
(D) none of these
4. Throgh a cross-section of a conductor 20 coulomb electric charge pass in 10 sec. How much is that electric current?
(A) 2 ampere
(B) 30 ampere
(C) 10 ampere
(D) 1 ampere
5. Which is not true for a wave?
(A) Wave velocity, v = n.
(B) Energy is transferred during wave motion.
(C) All waves can pass through vacuum.
(D) Unit of wave velocity is m/s.
6. Which of the following is converted into heat energy when current is passed through a conductor ?
(A) Electric current
(B) Electric potential
(C) Electric energy
(D) Electric resistance
7. To get 9 multiple images the angle between two plane mirrors should be
8. What type of image is formed when object is placed beyond the focal length a convex lens
(A) Real and erect
(B) Virtual and inverted
(C) Virtual and magnified
(D) Real and magnified
9. Direction of pressure is –
(A) perpendicular to the surface.
(B) parallel to the surface.
(C) away from the surface it acts upon.
10. The time in which a tunning fork of frequency 256 Hz completes 32 vibrations is
(A) 8 seconds.
(B) 0.8 seconds.
(C) 1/8 seconds.
(D) 0.08 seconds.
This section contains (11-20) multiple choice questions. Each question has choices (A), (B), (C) and (D) out of which ONLY ONE is correct.
11. Largest cell of human is
(B) Muscle cell.
(C) Epithelial cell.
12. The typical desert climate is hot and dry because
(A) deserts receive very little rainfall.
(B) winds blow very fast in deserts.
(C) temperature changes many times in a year.
(D) days are longer than nights.
13. The term cell was coined by Robert Hooke, when he was examining under the microscope the slice of
14. Polar bears are good swimmers because
(A) their paws are wide and large.
(B) they have fins for swimming.
(C) they have gills.
(D) they have webbed feet.
15. Among Amoeba, hen, octopus, Paramecium and bacteria, the unicellular organisms are
(A) Amoeba, octopus.
(B) hen, octopus, bacteria.
(C) Amoeba, Paramecium, bacteria.
(D) Paramecium, hen.
16. Which one of the following is true ?
(A) Canines are well developed in carnivores
(B) Canines are well developed in herbivores
(C) Canines are poorly developed in carnivores
(D) Molars are well developed in carnivores
17. The problem caused by smog is
(A) respiratory problem.
(B) digestive problem.
(C) heart problem.
(D) excretory problem.
18. The hardest part of a tooth is the
19. Voice boxes in boys are
(A) larger than voice boxes in females.
(B) smaller than voice boxes in girls.
(C) equal in size to the voice box of girls.
(D) very big in size.
20. Humans develop
(A) two sets of teeth during their lifetime.
(B) one set of teeth which lasts for a lifetime.
(C) a total of twenty four teeth.
(D) a total of sixteen teeth.
Download Class VIII Sample Test Paper :
This section contains (21-30) multiple choice questions. Each question has choices (A), (B), (C) and (D) out of which ONLY ONE is correct.
21. Which of the following is an example of alkali ?
22. Which of the following is not a property of bases ?
(A) They are soapy in touch
(B) They turn blue litmus paper red
(C) There solution is good conductor of electricity
(D) They are bitter in taste
23. Antacids contain –
(A) weak base
(B) weak acid
(C) strong base
(D) strong acid
24. Lime water is –
(A) dilute solution of Ca(OH)2
(B) Mg(OH)2 solution
(C) NaOH solution
(D) KOH solution
25. Which of the following is a mineral acid ?
(A) Oxalic acid
(B) Acetic acid
(C) Hydrochloric acid
(D) Citric acid
26. Which of the following gas is filled in balloons?
27. Pashmina shawls are obtained from the skin of which animal ?
(A) Kashmri Goat
(B) Tibbat Goat
(D) None of these
28. Which of the following is the weakest base ?
29. Which of the following has maximum density
30. The most reactive metal among the following is