Name of the Board : CBSE Academic
Class : XII STD
Document Type : Sample Question Paper
Subject : Commercial Art/Bharatanatyam
Paper : Class XII Sample Question Paper 2018-19
Year : 2018-19
Website : http://cbseacademic.nic.in/SQP_CLASSXII_2018_19.html
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
CBSE Academic Class XII Sample Question Paper
Time Allowed: 3hours
Related : CBSE Academic Class XII Business Studies Sample Question Paper 2018-19 : www.pdfquestion.in/33449.html
(i) All the eight questions are compulsory which carry equal marks.
(ii) Answers to be written for question nos. 1 and 2 about 200 words each and for question nos. 3, 4 and 5 in about 100 words each. Question nos. 6, 7 and 8 are objective type.
Download Question Paper :
Commercial Art :
Commercial Art Sample Questions
1. Appreciate any of the following miniature- painting included in your course of study duly based on its (a) Name of the painter/sub School, (b) Medium & technique, (c) Subject- matter and (d) Composition:
(1) Kabir and Raidas (Mughal School)
(2) Chand Bibi Playing Polo (changan) (Deccan school) 5
2. Describe the main features of the Rajasthani or Pahari School of miniature painting.
3. Which human life- values and emotions are expressed in the painting ‘Shiv and Sati’ done by Nandala Bose of the Bengal school? Explain in short. 5
4. Evaluate the artistic achievements of any of the following contemporary
(modern) Indian artists in your course of study:
(a) Kamlesh Dutt Pande (Painting)
(b) Jyoti Bhatt (Graphic- artist)
(c) Ram Kinkar Vaij (Sculptor) 5
5 Identify any one relevant painting of the Mughal or Decani School of miniature painting included in your course of study, comprising of the following features and explain them in that painting accordingly:
(a) Live depiction of birds and animals in the Mughal miniature paintings.
(b) Delineation of Raga- Raginis in the Deccani miniature paintings. 5
6. Mention the manes of any two sub- School of the Rajasthani School of miniature Painting and three of the Pahari School of miniature painting including in your course of study. 5
7. Mention the names of any five famous painters and Sculptors who contributed to the National Freedom movement, and who are important in your view. 5
8. Mention the name of the artist of each of the following contemporary
(modern) Indian art- works included in your course of study;
(a) The Vulture (a painting)
(b) Mother Teresa (a painting)
(c) Children (a graphic-print)
(d) Man, woman and tree (a graphic-print)
(e) Triumph of Labour (a sculpture) 5
Bharatanatyam Sample Questions
One Theory Paper– 3 hrs.
Total Marks – 30
General instructions :
Attempt any six
** Attempt any six questions.
** Each question carries equal marks.
** Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
1. Write a brief introduction to Mohiniattam with particular reference to the period of revival under Maharaja Swati Thirunal and Vallathol Narayana Menon. Mention two items that are musically similar between Bharatanatyam and Mohiniattam.
Compare the margan of Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam 4+1 4+1
2. Give a brief sketch of the contribution of the two following exponents to the growth and popularization of Bharatanatyam.
a. Balasaraswati b. Rukmini Devi Aruadale
Describe the contribution of the Jaajore Quailette to the presentation of Bharatnatyam. Mention the flow of the margan as set by them. 2.5+2.5 2.5+2.5
3. What are the Variations of the position of the feet (Mandala bheda) as described in the chapters of the Abhinaya Darpan? Mention the basic sloka and expand on the sthanka bheda.
What are Nritta Mudras as described by the Abhinaya Darpana? Explain six of them help of the description given in the text.2+3 2+3
4. Explain the Tandava Lakshana and lasya. Detail any two of the seven Tandavas.
Write the introduction to the Anga / Upanga / Pratyanga and given the sloka for any One 2+1.5+1.5 2+3
5 What is a Korvai? Write the five jati’s with their sollu (Syllabic sounds).
Explain in brief :
(e) Arangetram. 1+4 1*1*1*1*1
6. Give five Point of dissimilarity between the costume of Odissi and Bharatanatyam including at least two points from jewelry.
What is the difference in the musical instruments used in Bharatanatyam and Manipuri? Give at least one example in term of wind, string, metal and percussion instruments. 1*1*1*1*1 1*1*1*1*1**