Name of the Board : CBSE Academic
Class : XII STD
Document Type : Sample Question Paper
Subject : Kathak/Kuchipudi/Manipuri/Mohiniattam/Odissi
Paper : Class XII Sample Question Paper 2018-19
Year : 2018-19
Website : http://cbseacademic.nic.in/SQP_CLASSXII_2018_19.html
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
CBSE Academic Class XII Dance Question Paper
Time Allowed: 3hours
Related : CBSE Academic Class XII Commercial Art/ Bharatanatyam Sample Question Paper 2018-19 : www.pdfquestion.in/33455.html
(i) All the eight questions are compulsory which carry equal marks.
(ii) Answers to be written for question nos. 1 and 2 about 200 words each and for question nos. 3, 4 and 5 in about 100 words each. Question nos. 6, 7 and 8 are objective type.
Download Question Paper :
Kathak : www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/pdf2019/33464-Kat.pdf
Kuchipudi : www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/pdf2019/33464-Kuchi.pdf
Manipuri : www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/pdf2019/33464-Mani.pdf
Odissi : www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/pdf2019/33464-Odi.pdf
Dance – Kathak
Sample Question Paper
Class XII (2018-19)
One Theory Paper– 3 hrs.
Total Marks – 30
General instructions :
** Attempt all
** Attempt all questions
** Each question carries equal marks.
** Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
1. Write short notes on the following : (any Two)
(a) Sangeet (b) Chari (c) Angatava (d) Natyadharmi
What is Rasa? What is the importance of Bhava? Enumerate the nine rasas and give examples of characters for each 6 6
2. Write a brief note on the concept of Gharanas in Kathak. Name the three most popular gharanas and give a brief introduction to each, including the name of the first guru of each style.
Trace the origin of the Jaipur gharana. Give a detailed description of the style of presentation, and the names of two famous represent day exponents. 66
3. What do you understand by the term ‘Theka’? Write the theka of Dadra and Rupak taal.
What are the constituent parts in a taal? Define them Through an example and hastak riya. 6 6
4. Who is the author of the Abhinay Darpan? What the origin of dance is as explained in the text? What is the approximate time/period of this text?
Detail the layout of chapters in the Abhinaya Darpan. Which are the chapters that deal with hasta mudras? Name them. 6
5. Define Abhinaya and its kinds. What is its importance in a kathak presentation? Name the items in which abhinaya are used in a recital.
Define the following:
(a) Amad (b) Vachika (c) Paran (d)Tukda (e) Khali 6 6**
Dance – Kuchipudi
1 Name the Samyutha Hastha Mudras (Double Hand Gestures)? 5
2 Name the Head Movements & Padha Bhedas 5
3 Critically analyze and detail the knowledge of Tandava, Lasya, Lokadharmi & Natya Dharmi? 5
4 Write about the life history of Shri Siddhendra Yogi? 5
5 Mention the name of Indian Classical dances along with the states of their origin? 5
6 Mention the names of SaptaTala with the shloka? 5
Dance – Manipuri
1. What do you know of Lai Haraoba Festival of Manipur? Why is it considered the most ancient religious ritualistic dance of Manipur? Who performs in this festival?
Write names of three tribal folk dance forms prevalent in Manipur. Explain in detail about any one of them 5
2. Write the names of three most eminent Gurus of Manipuri dace (jagoi) of the past and three Gurus of later or contemporary priod. Write about the contribution of any one them.
Write names of two great Ojhas of Manipuri Sankirtana Kartal Cholom who contributed to the preservation of the art of Cholom in the traditional Mandapa performance. 5
3. Who wrote the Abhinaya Darpan and why is it important for students of dance to study this book. What are the salient features of this book?
What you know of Nritta, Natya and Nritya? Explain and give examples from Manipuri dance. 5
4. What are Bhangi Parengs? Name the different Parengs and indicate which are in feminine mode and which are in masculine mode. Where are they used?
Explain the different kinds of Abhinaya. Give examples of the different Abhinayas from Manipuri dance. 5
5. Write names of two different kinds Manipuri Tala with notation. Give example from Manipuri dance.
Write names of seven dance movements or postures used in Jagoi. Explain how they are performed and in what context. 5
6. How many kinds of Choloms are there in Manipuri tradition? Name the different kinds Choloms and where each one is traditionally used?
Explain in detail the costumes of any three of the follwing;- Pung Cholom, Kartal Cholom, Radha, Krishna, Maibi, Khamba, Thoibi 5
Dance – Mohiniyattam
1. Give brief history on the origin of Indian dance 5
2. Elaborate on the history, origin and development of Mohiniyattam in Kerala 5
3. What is the main rasa in Mohiniyattam of the various other rasas in Indian dance? 6
4. Elaborate on the traditional, costumes and jewelry of make-up in Mohiniyattam. 6
5. Give a brief note on the technique of Mohiniyattam its distinctive aspects especially in comparison to Kathakali and Bharatnatyam 5
6. Explain the music in Mohiniyattam of the musical instruments accompanied in the dance form 3
Dance – Odissi
1. Write briefly about the 3 style of Chhau Dance
Define Rasa and Name all the nine Rasas. 5
2. Define the term Abhinaya and its four aspects.
Write Short notes on Aharya of Odissi 5
3. What are the main instruments use in Odissi dance performance.
Name the 3 layas of a Taal. 5
4. Define Tandav and Lasya
Name the three Gurus who contributed in the development of Odissi. 5
5. Name some of Bhangis which are use in Dance compositions.
Name some of medieval oriya poets. 5
6. Write 1st part notation of the item Battu till Mardal.
Write the names of some paadbhedas 5