Organisation : State Council of Educational Research and Training Tamilnadu
Exam : Higher Secondary Second Year
Document Type : XII Standard – Model Question Paper Download
Category or Subject : Statistics
Website : http://www.tnscert.org/webapp2/xiimodelquestionspaper.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
TNSCERT XII Standard Statistics Model Question Paper
The Government of Tamil Nadu has taken a policy decision on reducing the maximum marks for Higher Secondary Board Examination from 1200 to 600 in order to reduce the examination stress of students besides reducing the number of papers for Language subjects from two to one.
Related : TNSCERT XII Standard Business Mathematics Model Question Paper 2019 : www.pdfquestion.in/34082.html
** These are only model questions. Teachers and students need to focus only on the Pattern of the questions.
Time : 2.30 Hours
Marks : 70
Part – 1
Answer All The Questions :-
I. Choose the correct answer from the given alternatives:- 15 × 1 = 15
1. ‘A book on games of Chance’ written by a mathematician Jerane Cardon was published in the year
2. Var (4x+7)
a) 4 Var (x)
b) 8 Var (x)
c) 16 Var (x)
d) 11 Var (x)
3. For a discrete distribution function F(xj) – F(xj-1)=
4. The trials in a binomial distribution are
a) Mutually exclusive
b) non-mutually exclusive
5. In a normal distribution, skewness is
c) greater than one
d) less than one
Download Question Paper :
Model – 1 :
Model – 2 :
Model – 3 :
6. A hypothesis may be classified as
d) All the above
7. Standard error of number of success is given by
8. If Pc=322/3 then Qc=
9. The mean of t-distribution is
10. Degrees of freedom for Chi-square test in case of contingency table of order 4×3 are
11. In the case of one-way classification, the total variation can be split into
a) Two components
b) three components
c) four components
d) only one components
12. Business forecasts are made on the basis of
a) Present data
b) past data
c) Policies and circumstances
d) all the above
13.The number of methods to measure the long term trend is
14. If (AB)= 25, (Aß)= 26, (a) = 9 then the total number of members in the data is
15. Maximin return, maximax return and minimax regret are criteria that
a) Lead to the same optimal decision
b) Cannot be used with probabilities
c) Both a and b
d) None of the above
Part – 2
Answer any of the six questions 6×2=12
Question No.23 is compulsory
16. Find the probability of not getting a doublet while throwing two dice.
17. Evaluate:- )1(2lim21–+?nnnn
18 Find the coefficient skewness of the binomial distribution 63132??
19. Define standard Error.
20. Find the test statistics from the data n=400, p=0.3, P=0.375 while testing the significance
21. Define chi-square test.
22. Give the definition of Time series given by Mooris Han burg.
23. Discuss the association of attribution based on the value of Yule’s coefficient – Q
24. What is a Pay-off Matrix?
Part – 3
Answer any of the six questions 6×3=18 . Question No.30 is compulsory.
25. A whole number is selected from a set of numbers from 20 to 30. Find the probability of getting a prime number
26. Test whether ()=xf 5×4 0 < x < 1 0 Otherwise is a probability density function of a continuous random variable
27. If X is a poisson variable with Parameter 5, find the value of E(x2)
28. A coin was tossed 400 times and the head turned up 216 times. Test the hypothesis that the coin is unbiased.
29. Give any three properties of chi-square distribution.
30. In an one way analysis of variance, test whether any difference is between treatments from the following data SST=10, SSE=18 and the respective degrees of freedom are 2 and 12.
31. Write a short note on cyclical variations
32. In a group of 400 students, the number of married is 160. Out of 120 students who failed 48 belonged to the married group. Find out whether the attributes of marriage and failure are Independent.
33. Calculate EMV and thus select the best act for the following pay-off table:
Part – 4
Answer all the questions: 5*5=25
34. (a) A manufacturing firm produces steel pipes in three plants with daily production volumes of 500, 1000 and 2000 units respectively. According to past experience, it is known that the fractions of defective out puts produced by the three plants are respectively, 0.005, 0.008 and 0.010. If a pipe is selected from days total production and found to be defective, what is the probability that it came from the
(i) first plant,
(ii) the second plant,
(iii) the third plant?
(b) Three cards drawn at random successively with replacement, from a well shuffled pack of 52 cards. Getting a card of diamond is termed as success. Find the mean and standard deviation of the distribution of the number of successes.
35. (a) The probability of the evening college student will be a graduate is 0.4. Determine the probability that out of 5 students
(iii) atleast one will be a graduate.
(b) Describe in detail level of significance and critical value.