Organisation : Sido Kanhu Murmu University
Exam : B.Ed
Document Type : Model Question Paper
Category or Subject : Civics
Year : 2016 – 2017
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Website : http://skmu.org.in/academic/exam-downloads
Download Civics Model Question Paper :
Set I : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9884-CivicsSet-I.pdf
Set II : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9884-CivicsSet-II.pdf
Set III : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9884-CivicsSet-III.pdf
Set IV : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9884-CivicsSet-IV.pdf
Set V : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9884-CivicsSet-V.pdf
Civics Model Question Paper :
B.Ed 1st Year (2016-2017) :
Subject : Civics (Set-I)
Full Marks : 80
Paper : CEC
Time : 03 hours
Related : Sido Kanhu Murmu University B.Ed Childhood & Growing up Model Question Paper 2016 : www.pdfquestion.in/9880.html
i. Candidates are required to give your answer in own words and sentences.
ii. All questions contain equal marks. Answer any five out of ten questions.
SET – I :
Answer All The Question :
1. How can we make democracy strong?
2. What are the main philosophies of the constitution?
3. Explain the meaning of prime minister and council of minister.
4. What are rights? And discuss the right according to Indian Constitution.
5. State the prudential reason and one moral reason for power sharing with an example from the Indian context.
6. What is the main difference between a federal form of government and a unitary one?
7. When does a social difference become a social division?
8. State reason to say that caste alone can not determine election result in India.
9. What is the status of women representation in India’s legislative bodies?
10. What is Bipolarity and challenge of Bipolarity?
SET – II :
Answer All The Question :
1. What is main features of Democracy? State any two conditions that must be fulfilled for a successful democracy.
2. What are the guiding values of the Indian constitution?
3. What is meaning of Electoral politics explain.
4. Examine the challenges to free and fair elections?
5. What are the different forms of power sharing in modern democracies? Give an example of each of these.
6. What do you understand by meaning of Federlism?
7. Discuss factors that determine the outcomes of politics of social divisions.
8. State different forms of communal politics with one example each.
9. In what ways to pressure groups and movement exert influence on politics?
10. Write short notes of any two
(i) Pressure groups
(ii) Cold war
(iii) New International Economic order
(iv) Shock therapy
SET – III :
1. Why do we need a Constitution? 
2. Do you agree that “Democratic government is best government”. Give any two reasons. 
3. Describe the meaning of “expanding scope of rights”. 
4. Give reason that Indian Judiciary independent. 
5. Explain characteristic of Indian federal system. 
6. How do social divisions affect politics? Give two examples. 
7. State how caste inequalities are still continuing in India
8. Mention Constitutional provisions that make India a secular state. 
9. What is the difference between a pressure group and a political party? 
10. Write any two:
i) What do you mean by Central Government?
(ii) Give any two function of the Judiciary.
(iii) State any two result of communalism.
SET – IV :
1. Give the importance of government in democracy? 
2. What makes India a federal country? Explain according to your view. 
3. How does democracy produce an accountable, responsive and legitimate government? 
4. What are the economic implications of globalisation? How has globalisation impacted on India with regard to this particular dimension? 
5. What do you think about the statement that NAM was become irrelevant today? Give reasons to support your opinion. 
6. What are the fundamental rights? And discuss the fundamental rights according to the Indian Constitution. 
7. Suggest some reforms to strengthen parties so that they perform their functions well.
8. What are the characteristics of a political party? 
9. Describe broader view of structure of UN 
10. What are the functions of the Security Council? Critically examine.
SET – V :
1. What are the different types of challenges in democracy? Discuss.
2. Give names of countries where multiparty system exist.
3. How do we know decentralisation in India?
4. NAM was considered a ‘third option’ by third world countries. How did this option benefit their growth during the peak of the cold war?
5. What is ‘Balance of power’? How could a state achieve this?
6. How has technology contributed to globalisation? 
7. Why do we need elections? What makes in election democratic?
8. What are the various challenges faced by political party?
9. Explain briefly New International Economic Order.
10. Examine the result of Cod War?