Organization : Vellore Institute of Technology
Exam Name : VITEEE 2020 VIT Engineering Entrance Exam
Document Type : Sample Questions
Website : https://vit.ac.in/
VITEEE is a common entrance exam for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT- Bhopal.
Related / Similar Question Paper : VITEEE 2018 Sample Question Paper
The exam tests Maths/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English & Aptitude.
VITEEE Sample Questions
1. As per the Bohr’s model, the minimum energy (in eV) required to remove an electron from the ground state of doubly ionized Li atom (Z = 3) is
2. The hybridization of Xe in Xe???? is
3. The X-ray beam coming from an X-ray tube will be
B) having all wavelengths smaller than a certain maximum wavelength
C) having all wavelengths larger than a certain minimum wavelength
D) having all wavelengths lying between a minimum and a maximum wavelength
4. Which one of the following causes increase in entropy?
A) A liquid crystallizes into a solid
B) Water vapor condensation into liquid
C) Decomposition of NaHCO3 at 102oC
D) Diffusion of two similar gas mixture into each other in a closed container isolated from the surroundings
5. The reaction that takes place at anode is
6. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct about trans-1,2-dimethylcyclohexane?
I. Two methyl groups can exist in diaxial orientation.
II. Two methyl groups can exist in axial-equatorial or equatorial-axial orientation.
III. Two methyl groups can exist in diequatorial orientation.
A) I only
B) II only
C) I and II only
D) I and III only
7. Find the correct order of their boiling points of the following alcohols: methanol, n-propyl alcohol, iso-propyl alcohol
A) methanol < n-propyl alcohol < iso-propyl alcohol
B) methanol > n-propyl alcohol > iso-propyl alcohol
C) methanol < iso-propyl alcohol < n-propyl alcohol
D) methanol > iso-propyl alcohol > n-propyl alcohol
8. Reaction of _____________ with Grignard reagent followed by hydrolysis yields ketone.
C) alkyl nitrile
D) acid chloride
9. Benzoic acid can be prepared from toluene by treatment with
B) Grignard reagent in ether followed by dry ice and acid hydrolysis
C) Tollens’ reagent
D) HBr/KCN followed by acid hydrolysis
10. The number of amino acid units present in insulin is
1. Which of the following does not show segmented body plan?
A) Arthropods B) Annelids C) Echinoderms D) Chordates
2. Synapsis occurs between
A) mRNA and ribosomes B) spindle fibre and centromere
C) two homologous chromosomes D) two heterologous chromosomes
3. Gastrula has a pore which is known as
A) zoospore B) oospore C) blastopore D) gonophore
4. The human genetic disorder caused by the presence of an extra X chromosome is called
A) Klinefelter syndrome B) Down syndrome C) Turner syndrome D) Marfan syndrome
5. Interferon is a
A) fat B) protein C) carbohydrate D) nucleic acid
6. The protein moiety of an enzyme is called as
A) apoenzyme B) coenzyme C) cofactor D) holoenzyme
7. Which one of the following is not correct with C4 plants?
A) The primary acceptor of CO2 is a 3 carbon compound
B) The first stable product is a 4-carbon compound
C) Two different cell types are involved
D) Photorespiration occurs frequently
8. Oxygen binding affinity to the haemoglobin is
A) decreased by increase in pH B) increased by increase in pCO2
C) increased by increase in pO2 D) not affected by change in pH, pO2 and pCO2
9. Which one of the following techniques cannot be used for the measurement of organic matter in sewage?
A) Chemical oxygen demand (COD) B) Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
C) Total organic carbon (TOC) D) Membrane filtration technique (MFT)
10. Study of population ecology is called
A) autecology B) demecology C) demography D) ethology
1. Read carefully the following lines of a poem and the question that follows. Choose the correct answer. Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing A flowery band to bind us to the earth. The poet uses the phrase “wreathing a flowery band” as ________
A) A hyperbole B) A metaphor C) A personification D) An epithet
2. Which of the following is the correct syllable division for the given word? Choose the correct answer. Personification
VITEEE 2020 Sample Questions :