Name of the Board : State Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research
Group : Diploma
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Document Type : Model Question Papers
Subject : Environmental Science & Disaster Management/Electrical Technology
Semester : III
Website : http://www.sitttrkerala.ac.in/index.php?r=site%2Fdiploma-modelqp-courses&prog=AR
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
SITTTR Biomedical Engineering Semester III Model Papers
Second Semester Diploma Examination In Biomedical Engineering /Technology/Commercial Practice Common to all Diploma Programmes – II Model Question Paper download from the official website
Time: 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 100
Related : SITTTR Diploma Automobile Engineering Semester II Model Question Papers : www.pdfquestion.in/33725.html
Environmental Science & Disaster Management
Time 3 Hours
Maximum :100 Marks
PART A :
Maximum 10 marks
I. Answer the following questions in one or two sentences. Each one carries two marks.
1. Define mining
2. What is the concept of ecosystem
3. List any two causes of pollution
4. What do you meant by risk management
5. Expand MAH
Download Question Paper :
PART B :
maximum 30 marks
Answer any five full
Questions. Each one carries 6 marks.
1. List any six the causes of deforestation
2. Illustrate characteristics of Aquatic ecosystem
3. State the global effect of nuclear radiation
4. Write short notes on ecological pyramid with figure
5. Explain hazards zonation map
6. Describe the role an individual in conservation of forest
7. Establish the relationship between disaster and development
PART C :
MAXIMUM 60 MARKS
Answer One Full Question From Each Unit. Each One Carries 15 Marks
(Maximum marks : 10) Marks
I.Answer the following questions in one or two sentences. Each question carries 2 marks.
1.Write radix of a binary number system.
2.List any two weighted codes.
3. Define fan in of a logic gate.
4. List the applications of shift register.
5. Define accuracy of Digital to Analog Converter. (5*2=10)
(Maximum marks : 30)
II. Answer any five of the following questions. Each question carries 6 marks.
1. Describe BCD code and EXCESS 3 code .
2. Draw and explain TTL inverter.
3. Design a full subtractor.
4. Differentiate between synchronous and asynchronous logic circuits.
5.Draw and explain a serial in parallel out shift register.
6. Draw and explain a 3 bit up counter using JK flip flop.
7. Draw and explain the working of R-2R type Digital to analog converter. (5*6=30)
(Maximum marks : 60)
Answer one Full question from e ach unit. Each question carries 15 marks.
PART – A :
(Maximum Mark: 10) Marks
I Answer the following questions in one or two sentences. Each question carries 2marks.
1. Identify the main difference between Alternating Current and Direct Current.
2. Define the term `form factor` and its value in sine wave.
3. List the major parts of transformer.
4. Identify the needs of starter in DC motor.
5. State the general classification of three phase induction motor. (5×2 = 10)
PART – B :
(Maximum Mark: 30)
II Answer any five of the following questions. Each question carries 6 marks.
1. Derive an equation of impedance of an RL series circuit.
2. Draw the vector diagram and circuit of an AC circuit containing(1) Resistor only (2) pure Inductor only (3) pure Capacitor only.
3. State and explain Thevenin`s theorem.
4. Explain the different types of losses in a transformer.
5. Derive the emf equation of a DC generator
6. Explain the working principle of servomotor.
7. Compare single phase and three phase induction motor.
PART – C :
Maximum Mark: 30
Answer one full question from each nit. Each full question carries 15marks
Electronic Devices & Circuits
PART A :
I ( Answer the following questions in one or two sentences. Each question carry 2 marks.)
1 Define Q-point.
2 State the need of multi stage amplifiers.
3 List the applications of tuned amplifiers.
4 Write the meaning of positive feedback and where is it used?
5 List the types of multi vibrators. (5 X2 = 10)
PART B. :
II ( Answer any five of the following questions. Each question carry 6 marks).
1 For a single stage CE amplifier with voltage divider bias, Vcc=30 volts, R1=490 Ohms, R2=68 Ohms, RC=120 Ohms, RE=20 Ohms and RL=180 Ohms. Calculate ICQ and VCEQ and rc ( output AC impedance).
2 Compare different coupling schemes used in multi stage amplifiers.
3 Draw the circuit diagram of single ended class A power amplifier and list its drawbacks.
4 A parallel resonant circuit consists of a capacitance of 100 MFD and an inductance of 100 micro H. The series resistor is 10 Ohms. Find resonant frequency and impedance at resonance .
5 Briefly describe the construction of N channel JFET with diagram.
Basic Medical Science
PART – A :
Answer all Questions in one or two sentences. Each question carries 2 marks.
I. 1) Define tissue?
2) List two cold applications in medicine?
3) State” expiratory reserve volume”?
4) Write the role of enzymes in digestion?
5) Name any four receptors present in human body? 5×2=10 marks
PART – B :
Answer any FIVE of the following questions. Each question carries 6 marks.
II. 1) Differentiate between monophasic and biphasic recording?
2) Describe different types of EMG electrode?
3) Explain electromyography?
4) Describe the general organization of brain?
5) Comprehend the physiology of respiration?
6) Draw and mark the parts of kidney?
7) Explain the role of liver in digestion? 5×6=30 marks
PART – C :
Answer one full question from each Unit. Each question carries 15 marks.