Name of the Organisation : Karnataka Power Corporation Limited
Post : Assistant Engineers
Subject : Civil
Document Type : Model Question Paper
Website : http://karnatakapower.com/model_questions_paper.asp
Download Model Question Papers : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/26091-civil.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Karnataka Power Assistant Engineers Civil Model Question Paper
Recruitment for the post of Assistant Engineers Civil Question paper download from the above PDF Links
Related : Karnataka State Eligibility Test Electronic & Physical Science Model Question Paper : www.pdfquestion.in/10393.html
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd., (KPCL) a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, is a premier and professionally managed power Generation Company. Optimum generation from existing plants and speedy commissioning of new plants extends immense professional opportunities for competent and qualified personnel.
** Hyd-Kar Candidates applying for Non Hyd-Kar posts also, should submit separate applications and furnish the post code and application number in Hyd-Kar application.
** Candidates applying for more than one post will have to choose the same exam centers.
** Application will not be accepted through post, personal delivery, courier or any other mode.
1. In a tilted aerial photograph, if the swing is 230?, then the rotation angle is equal to
2. The foundation in which a cantilever beam is provided to join two footings, is known as
a. Strip footing
b. Strap footing $
c. Raft footing
d. None of these
3. In consolidation testing, curve fitting method determines
a. Swelling Index
b. Compression index
c. Coefficient of Compression $
d. None of these
4. A point load applied at shear centre induces
a. Zero bending
b. Pure twisting
c. Zero shear force
d. Pure bending $
5. The under surface of an arch is called
c. Soffit $
6. Arches in the form of masonry arcs struck from more than four centres, are called
a. Ogee Arches $
b. Gothic Arches
c. Drop Gothic Arches
d. Two Curved Arches
7. Which one of the following is the appropriate triaxial test to assess the immediate stability of an unloading problem?
a. CU test $
b. CD test
c. UU test
d. None of the above
8. Budgeting with Bar chart helps in the determination of
a. Total cost of a project
b. Direct cost of a project
c. Indirect cost of a project
d. Total time along with the cost of a project $
9. The angular stairs that are used to change the direction of the stairs is called
a. Angular steps
b. Winders $
c. Round steps
d. Radial steps
10. Distemper is used to coat
a. Compound walls
b. External concrete surfaces
d. Interior surfaces not exposed to weather $
11. In respect of moisture content in wood, the fiber saturation point refers to which one of the following?
a. Free water present in the cells
b. Free water present in cell walls and cell cavities
c. No moisture present in cell walls and cell cavities
d. No free water exists in cell cavities but cell walls and saturated $
12. Which one of the following is correct?
a. A statically indeterminate structure is the one which cannot be analyzed at all
b. A statically indeterminate structure is the one which can be analyzed using equations of static’s only
c. A statically indeterminate structure is the one which can be analyzed using equations of static’s and compatibility equations $
d. A statically indeterminate structure is the one which can be analyzed using equations of compatibility only
13. Some structural members subjected to long time sustained loads deform progressively with time especially at elevated temperatures. What is such a phenomenon called?
b. Creep $
c. Creep relaxation
14. The ratio of total elongation of a bar of uniform cross-section produced under its own weight to the elongation produced by an external load equal to the weight of the bar is
b. ½ $
15. A symmetrical I section is subjected to shear force. The shear stress induced across the section is maximum at which location?
a. Extreme fibers
b. At the bottom of flanges in flanges
c. At the bottom of flanges in web portion
d. At the neutral axis $
16. Which one of the following is the correct range of fineness modulus of medium sand usable in preparing cement mortar?
a. 1.5 to 2.2
b. 2.6 to 2.9 $
c. 2.9 to 3.2
d. 5.5 to 6.5
17. What is the nature of stress in a ceiling fan rod?
d. Shear $
18. What is the percentage of the fine aggregate of fineness modulus 2.6 to be combined with coarse aggregate of fineness modulus 6.8 for obtaining combined aggregate of fineness modulus 5.4?
19. In respect of ordinary Portland cement, the proportion of Tricalcium silicate is
a. 6 % – 8 %
b. 10 % – 12 %
c. 25 % – 30 %
d. 50 % – 60 % $
20. Which one of the following pairs relating to flumes carrying open channel flow is correctly matched?
a. N – modular flume – flow is unaffected by drowning
b. Venturi flume – standing wave forms at the throat
c. Standing wave flume – hump is not provided at the throat
d. Venturi flume – flow at the throat is less than the critical velocity $
21. In a body loaded under plane stress conditions, what is the number of independent stress components in order to completely specify the state of stress at a point?
22. A particle of mass 3 kg moving in a straight line decelerates uniformly from a speed of 40 m/s to 20 m/s in a distance of 300 m. How much distance will the particle travel before it comes to rest?
a. 10 m
b. 20 m
c. 50 m
d. 100 m $
23. The maximum tolerance in a 20 m chain is
a. 2 mm
b. 3 mm
c. 5 mm $
d. 8 mm
24. The correction for sag is
a. Always additive
b. Always subtractive $
c. Sometimes additive and sometimes subtractive
d. Always zero
25. Which one of the following is correct?
a. A determinate structure cannot be analyzed without the correct knowledge of modulus of elasticity
b. A determinate structure must necessarily have roller support at one of its ends
c. A determinate structure requires only statically equilibrium equations for its analysis $
d. A determinate structure will have zero deflection at its ends
26. A circular shaft is subjected to a bending moment Mb and a twisting moment Mt. What is the ratio of maximum shear stress and the maximum bending stress?
27. The following are the steps that are involved in making a spigot and socket joint of cast iron pipes used in water supply systems
1. Tarred gasket or hemp yarn in wrapped around the spigot.
2. The sipgot end is centered into the socket end of the preceding pipe.
3. A joining ring end is placed around the barrel and against the face of the socket.
4. The gasket or hemp yarn in caulked slightly.
5. Molten pig lead is poured and then caulked.
What is the correct sequence of these steps?
a. 1, 2, 3, 4,5
b. 1, 2, 3, 5, 4
c. 1, 2, 4, 5, 3 $
d. 1, 3, 4, 5, 2
28. Cross staff is an instrument used for
a. Measuring approximate horizontal angles
b. Measuring bearings of lines
c. Setting out right angles $
d. None of the above
29. Local attraction in compass surveying may exist due to
a. Presence of magnetic substance near the instrument $
b. Incorrect levelling of the magnetic needle
c. Friction of the needle at the pivot
d. Loss of magnetism of the needle
30. The horizontal angle between the true meridian and magnetic meridian at a place is called
a. Declination $
c. Magnetic bearing
d. None of the above
a. Applicants should be Indian Citizens.
b. Candidates who are still awaiting the result of the qualifying examination on the last date fixed for submitting applications need not apply.
c. If, at any point of time it is found that the candidate has given false information he/she will not only be disqualified from further stages of recruitment but also liable for appropriate legal action.
d. Number of vacancies indicated in this notification is provisional which may increase or decrease depending upon the actual need. KPCL reserves the right to cancel this recruitment process in part or full at any stage without assigning any reason.
e. The candidates who are in service shall submit a No Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of document verification in original, failing which their candidature will be rejected.
f. The candidates may please note that normally there may be large number of applications being submitted on the last day, which may lead to heavy network traffic, resulting in delay/non-submission of the online application. Therefore candidates are requested to submit their online applications early without waiting for the last day. The organization is not responsible for any failures in submission of online applications in time.
g. Any representation or correspondence regarding the recruitment process will NOT be entertained. All relevant information on recruitment will be made available in the KPCL website from time to time.
h. No application will be accepted through post, personal delivery, courier or any other mode.