Organisation : Sido Kanhu Murmu University
Exam : B.Ed
Document Type : Model Question Paper
Category or Subject : English
Year : 2016 – 2017
Website : http://skmu.org.in/academic/exam-downloads
Download English Model Question Paper :
Set I : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9900-EnglishSet-I.pdf
Set II : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9900-EnglishSet-II.pdf
Set III : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9900-EnglishSet-III.pdf
Set IV : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9900-EnglishSet-IV.pdf
Set V : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9900-EnglishSet-V.pdf
English Model Question Paper :
Subject : English (Set-I)
Full Marks : 80
Paper : CEC
Time : 03 hours
Related : Sido Kanhu Murmu University B.Ed Economics Model Question Paper 2016 : www.pdfquestion.in/9897.html
i. Candidates are required to give your answer in own words and sentences.
ii. Question no. 6 is compulsory. Out of other 9 questions answer any six questions.
1. Read the stanzas given below and answer the questions that follow each :
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry, I could not travel both
And be one traveler, tang I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
(i) Where does the traveler find himself?
(ii) What problem does he face?
(iii) What does the word ‘a yellow wood’ mean to you?
(iv) Write the opposite of the word ‘diverged’.
(v) Give a appropriate title to the above piece of poetry.
2. You are Rina, secretary of the cultural club of your school. Write a notice on a thanks giving programme organised by your school, giving necessary information about the event. 
3. Prepare a poster on kindness to animals to be displayed in the city public places appealing to people to show kindness to animals. 
4. Write an email to your brother informing him about your recent achievement. 
5. You are Reena, write a Job application against an advertisement for the post of teacher in a school.
6. Write about ‘William Shakespeare’ and his contribution in the world of poetry and drama. (200 words) [2×5= 10]
7. Reorder the following sentences to form meaningful sentences
(ii) Early/in the morning/takes/Sarla/her bath.
(iii) Watered/has not/the plants/so far/the gardener.
(iv) Since morning/has been/it/raining.
(v) Two hours/for/to his talk/had/we/been listening. [2×5= 10]
8. Combine the following simple sentences into compound sentences :
(i) The train was late. He felt impatient.
(ii) His wife had burnt the toast. He got angry.
(iii) He is a great player. This fact cannot be denied.
(iv) The two friends quarreled. I want to know the reason.
(v) It is going to rain. I am sure of it.
9. Write first 8 lines of any poetry from your text book. 
10. Write a story in your own words from your text book.