Organisation : Central Board Of Secondary Education
Exam : English Communicative
Document Type : Sample Question Papers
Category or Subject : Class IX
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Website : http://cbse.nic.in/curric~1/sqp_term2.htm
Download Question paper : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9743-ClassIX&X.docx
English Communicative Sample Question Paper :
Classes IX & X :
Code No. : 101
General Instructions :
1. All questions are compulsory
2. You may attempt any section at a time
3. All questions of that particular section must be attempted in the correct order
Related : Central Board Of Secondary Education Class XII English Question Paper Sample : www.pdfquestion.in/7481.html
Section – A :
Reading – 20 Marks
1. Read the poem given below and complete the summary by filling in the appropriate word. Supply only one word for each blank. 5 Marks
YOUNG, GIFTED BUT BLACK
When Mebula Ramsandra
Was three years old
His mother told him, that if he wanted
To be a big strong man
He’d have to drink all his milk —
And he did.
When Mebula Ramsandra
Was five years old
His teacher told him
A young Mebula Ramsandra was advised by his mother to consume (a) _________ if he wanted to be big and strong. At the age of five his teacher warned him that if he didn’t put in (b) _______ work, he wouldn’t be able to go to Grammar School. When he was in his teens, he was told that he would have to go to University to be a lab (c) _________. After ten years his job application was rejected because he was (d) _______. Surely the man on the other side of the telephone was (e) __________.
2. Read the passage and complete the sentences given below. – 5 Marks
Massage can be a natural tranquilliser. It has been used in virtually every culture throughout history to relieve aches and pains, unknot tense muscles, and help the body– and the mind– to relax. There are several types of the massage, but the most popular are Oriental massage and Swedish massage. The chief difference between them is that some of the strokes in Swedish massage are designed to stimulate a rather than to relax the body.
1. Besides relieving pain, massage also (a) ________________________________________.
2. While the oriental massage focuses on (b) ____________________________________. some aspects of the Swedish massage are meant for (c) ______________________________.
3. Many people associate massage with pleasure, thinking that it is useful only for (d) ________.
4. To identify painful muscles and knots, masseurs should have knowledge in (e) ____________.