Name of the Organisation : Karnataka Power Corporation Limited
Post : Chemical Supervisors
Subject : Chemical Supervisors
Document Type : Model Question Paper
Website : http://karnatakapower.com/model_questions_paper.asp
Download Model Question Papers : https://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/26114-Chemicalsupervisors.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Karnataka Power Chemical Supervisors Model Question Paper
Recruitment for the post of Chemical Supervisors Model Question paper download from the above PDF Links
Related : Karnataka Power Corporation CHEMIST Model Question Paper : www.pdfquestion.in/26110.html
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd., (KPCL) a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, is a premier and professionally managed power Generation Company. Optimum generation from existing plants and speedy commissioning of new plants extends immense professional opportunities for competent and qualified personnel.
** Hyd-Kar Candidates applying for Non Hyd-Kar posts also, should submit separate applications and furnish the post code and application number in Hyd-Kar application.
** Candidates applying for more than one post will have to choose the same exam centers.
** Application will not be accepted through post, personal delivery, courier or any other mode.
1. Which of the following statements about periodic properties is incorrect?
a. Both electron affinity and ionization energy decrease down a group
b. Atomic size increases to the right across a period $
c. Ionization energy increases to the right across a period
d. Atomic size increases down a group
2. Which one of the following is most likely to be an ionic compound?
d. CaCl2 $
3. The half-life of an isotope is 3 hours. After 6 hours, what fraction of the initial isotope will be left behind ?
b. ¼ $
4. The lustre of metals is due to
a. The high density of the metal
b. The high polishing of the metal
c. The presence of free electrons $
d. The chemical inertness of the metal
5. Which one of the following elements does not exist as a diatomic molecule in nature?
d. Neon $
6. Which of the following is a strong acid?
a. HNO3 $
7. An unused flashbulb contains magnesium and oxygen. After use, the contents are changed to magnesium oxide but the total mass does not change. This observation can best be explained by the
a. Law of Constant Composition
b. Law of Multiple Proportions
c. Avogadro’s Law
d. Law of Conservation of Mass $
8. Which response lists all of the following properties of sulfur that are physical properties and not other properties?
I. It reacts with hydrogen when heated.
II. It is a yellow solid at room temperature.
III. It is soluble in carbon disulfide.
IV. Its density is 2.97 g/cubic centimeter
V. It melts at 112?C.
a. II, III, IV, and V $
b. II, IV, and V
d. II, III, and IV
9. According to the Lewis theory, a base
a. Is a proton acceptor
b. Is a proton donor
c. Makes available a share in a pair of electrons $
d. Accepts a share in a pair of electrons
10. How many atoms are in one mole of CH3OH?
b. 6.0 x 1023
c. 12.0 x 1023
d. 3.6 x 1024 $
11. A triple bond contains ___ sigma bond(s) and ___ pi bond(s).
a. 0, 3
b. 3, 0
c. 2, 1
d. 1, 2 $
12. Two isomeric forms of a saturated hydrocarbon
a. Have the same structure
b. Have different compositions of elements
c. Have the same molecular formula $
d. Have a different content of the isotopes of hydrogen
13. Hydrolysis (saponification) of a fat would yield
a. Water and an alkene
b. Ethanol and propanoic acid
c. Glycerol and soap $
d. Ethanol and a soap
14. The entropy will usually increase when
I. a molecule is broken into two or more smaller molecules.
II. a reaction occurs that results in an increase in the number of moles of gas.
III. a solid changes to a liquid.
IV. a liquid changes to a gas.
a. II only
b. III only
c. IV only
d. I, II, III, and IV $
15. Which of the following does not correctly describe ammonia?
a. Pyramidal molecule
b. Extremely soluble in water
c. Forms basic aqueous solutions
d. None of these $
16. A Geiger-Muller tube is a
a. Gas ionization detector $
b. Cloud chamber
c. Fluorescence detector
17. How old is a bottle of wine if the tritium (3H) content (called activity) is 25% that of a new wine? The half-life of tritium is 12.5 years.
a. 1/4 year
b. 3.1 years
c. 25 years $
d. 37.5 years
18. The valence electrons of representative elements are
a. In s orbitals only
b. Located in the outermost occupied major energy level $
c. Located closest to the nucleus
d. Located in d orbitals
19. Which is not a physical property of alcohols or phenols?
a. Phenols are generally only slightly soluble in water
b. The solubilities of normal primary alcohols in water decrease with increasing molecular weight
c. The hydroxyl group of an alcohol is nonpolar $
d. Due to hydrogen bonding, boiling points of alcohols are much higher than those of corresponding alkanes
20. When the concentration of reactant molecules is increased, the rate of reaction increases. The best explanation is: As the reactant concentration increases,
a. The average kinetic energy of molecules increase
b. The frequency of molecular collisions increases $
c. The rate constant increases
d. The activation energy increases
a. Applicants should be Indian Citizens.
b. Candidates who are still awaiting the result of the qualifying examination on the last date fixed for submitting applications need not apply.
c. If, at any point of time it is found that the candidate has given false information he/she will not only be disqualified from further stages of recruitment but also liable for appropriate legal action.
d. Number of vacancies indicated in this notification is provisional which may increase or decrease depending upon the actual need. KPCL reserves the right to cancel this recruitment process in part or full at any stage without assigning any reason.
e. The candidates who are in service shall submit a No Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of document verification in original, failing which their candidature will be rejected.
f. The candidates may please note that normally there may be large number of applications being submitted on the last day, which may lead to heavy network traffic, resulting in delay/non-submission of the online application. Therefore candidates are requested to submit their online applications early without waiting for the last day. The organization is not responsible for any failures in submission of online applications in time.
g. Any representation or correspondence regarding the recruitment process will NOT be entertained. All relevant information on recruitment will be made available in the KPCL website from time to time.
h. No application will be accepted through post, personal delivery, courier or any other mode.