Organisation : Union Public Service Commission
Document Type : Question Paper
Year : 2016
Exam : Civil Services (Main) Examination – 2016
Subject : General Studies
Website : http://www.upsc.gov.in/examinations/question-papers/question-papers-year-2016
Download Model/Sample Question Paper :
General Studies Paper – I : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9852-GeneralStu1.pdf
General Studies Paper – II : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9852-GeneralStu2.pdf
General Studies Paper – III : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9852-GeneralStu3.pdf
General Studies Paper – IV : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9852-GeneralStu4.pdf
Civil Services General Studies Question Paper :
Paper : General Studies Paper
Time Allowed : Three Hours
Maximum marks : 250
Related : UPSC Civil Services Main Examination Model Question Paper 2016 : www.pdfquestion.in/9849.html
Question Paper Specific Instructions :
** There are EIGHT questions divided in TWO SECTIONS and printed both in HINDI and in ENGLISH.
** Candidate has to attempt FIVE questions in all.
** 60uestions no. I and 5 are compulsory and out of the remaining, any THREE are to be attempted choosing at least ONE from each section.
** The number of marks carried by a question/part is indicated against it.
** Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this @uestion-cum-Ansu0er (69CA) Booklet in the space provided.
** No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one.
** Word limit in questions, wherever specified, should be adhered to.
** Diagrams/Figures, wherever required, may be drawn in the space provided for answering the question itself Attempts of questions shall be counted in sequential order. Unless struck off, attempt of a question shall be counted even if attempted partly.
Section A :
Answer all the following questions. Each-question is to be answered-in-not-more than-200- words. Each question carries equal marks :
1. Early Buddhist Stupa-art, while depicting folk motifs and narratives successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate. 12
2. Krishnadeva Raya, the King of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss. 12
3. Explain how the Uprising of 1857 constitutes an important watershed in the evolution of British policies towards colonial India. 12
4. Discuss the role of women in the freedom struggle especially during the Gandhian phase. 12
5. Highlight the differences in the approach of Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi in the struggle for freedom. 12
6. Has the formation of linguistic States strengthened the cause of Indian Unity? 12
7. The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western-educated Africans. Examine. 12
8. To what extent globalization has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain. 12
9. “An essential condition to eradicate poverty 1s to liberate the poor from the process of deprivation.” Substantiate this statement with suitable examples. 7+5=12
10. Why are the tribals in India referred to as “the Scheduled Tribes’? Indicate the major provisions enshrined in the Constitution of India for their upliftment. 4+8=12
11. With a brief background of quality of urban life in India, introduce the objectives and strategy of the *Smart City Programme’. 4+8=12
12. What is the basis of regionalism? Is it that unequal distribution of benefits of development on regional basis eventually promotes regionalism? Substantiate your aT1SWCT. 3+9=12
13. Discuss the concept of air mass and explain its role in macro-climatic changes. 12
14. “The Himalayas are highly prone to landslides.” Discuss the causes and suggest suitable measures of mitigation. 12
15. The effective management of land and water resourccs will drastically reducc the human miseries. Explain. 12