Organisation : Central Board Of Secondary Education
Exam : Central Board Exam
Document Type : Sample Question Papers
Category or Subject : Home Science/Class IX
|You can now ask your questions about this question paper. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Website : http://cbse.nic.in/curric~1/sqp_term2.htm
Download Question paper :http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9746-HOMESCIECNE.pdf
Home Science Sample Question Papers :
Class-IX (TERM – II) :
TIME : 3 Hrs
MM : 80.
Section – A :
General instructions :
** All questions are compulsory
Related : Central Board Of Secondary Education Class IX English Communicative Sample Question Paper : www.pdfquestion.in/9743.html
** There are 37 questions in all. Question nos. 1 to 12 carry one mark each which are multiple choice type questions. Four alternative choices have been given, of which, only one is correct. You have to select the correct choice.
** Question nos. 13 to 24 carry 2 marks each, to be answered in 10-20 words, question nos. 25 to 32 carry 3 marks each, to be answered in 20-40 words and question nos. 33 to 37 carry 4 marks each, to be answered in 40-100 words.
** Support your answer with suitable examples wherever required.
1. In order to reduce pain in case of a burn, immediately dip the burnt portion in
a) cold water
b) luke warm water
c) ice cold water
d) hot water
2. If a person gets electrocuted, the first thing you should do is to
a) ask the person to wear rubber shoes
b) disconnect the source of electricity
c) disconnect the person by pulling him off
d) call the police
3. In case of cuts, the first thing you should do is to
a) wash with warm water
b) bandage the part
c) apply ice
d) get anti-tetanus injection
4. In case of a limb fracture the affected part should be
a) given warm fomentation
b) given cold compress
c) rubbed with balm
5. Synthetics should be avoided while handling fire because
a) these catch fire quickly and produce lot of heat
b) when they catch fire they dissolve and disappear
c) when they catch fire they stick to the body
d) when they catch fire they produce flame
6. In hot weather silks becomes uncomfortable because they
a) do not absorb moisture
b) have a shine
c) are bad conductor of heat
d) absorb moisture
7. The fabrics most suitable to be worn in winter are
a) wool and synthetics
b) wool and silk
c) synthetics and silks
d) silk and rayon
8. The fabric which does not get stained easily is
9. Absorbency of a fibre is due to its
a) wicking property
10. Strongest natural fiber is
11. Felting means bonding of fibers by
c) heat and pressure
12. Fabric which is most resistant to moths and mildew is
13. What four symptoms would help you to recognize that a person has had poison?
14. Present four precautions to prevent cuts while working in kitchen.
15. How would you know that a person has been bitten by a snake? State two precautions to be taken in such a case?
16. Tell your friend four important things she should not be doing while using a kerosene stove.
17. Give one point of difference between the fiber and yarn.
18. Classify fibers on the basis of length and give one example of each type.
19. Give 2 reasons why elasticity is considered one of the important property needed in a fabric.
20. Give two reasons why regular detergent is not used for washing wool.
21. You have to gift some clothes to a new born baby. Mention four points you would keep in mind while selecting these clothes.
22. Suggest two do’s and two don’ts for a short person about the selection of clothes for herself.
23. Point out two differences in the outfits used for daily wear and those worn on special occasions.
24. Present four arguments to justify that occupation of a person influences selection of clothes for him/her.
25. Differentiate between a sprain and a fracture and present two symptoms of each.
26. Prepare a checklist to prevent accidents due to fall.
27. Suggest first aid for a person who has been bitten by a dog. State why it is important to take the victim to a doctor after giving first aid.
28. Name two fibers which are good conductors of heat. Mention two more properties each, of these fibers.
29. List six important characteristics of silk fabric which need to be kept in mind while laundering it.
30. Suggest a suitable fabric for your school uniform and justify why you have selected this fabric.