Organisation : Me Asean Educational Academy
Exam : Asiad National Olympiad
Document Type : Sample Question Paper
Category or Subject : 4th Class Sample Paper
Website : http://asiadedu.in/
Download Model Question Paper :
NMO – Mathematics : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9562-FourMath.pdf
NSO – Science : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9562-FourScience.pdf
NAO – Reasoning : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9562-FourReasoning.pdf
NEO – English : http://www.pdfquestion.in/uploads/9562-FourEnglish.pdf
Asiad Olympiad IV Sample Question Paper :
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-5) Read the poem carefully and answer the questions based on the poem.
The morns are meeker than they were, The nuts are getting brown;
Related : Asiad National Olympiad Class III Sample Question Paper : www.pdfquestion.in/9558.html
The berry’s cheek is plumper, The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf, The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned, I’ll put a trinket on.
1. The poem describes the ………. season.
2. Choose the correct sentence in the context of the poem.
(a) In the autumn, many things in nature change.
(b) In the autumn, nuts start getting brown.
(c) In the autumn, people buy new clothes.
(d) None of the above
3. What does the poet infer about ‘the rose’?
(a) The poet wishes that there were still roses in town.
(b) There were roses in town before autumn came.
(c) The rose disappeared because the morning became meeker.
(d) The poet has never seen roses before.
4. Find the most suitable word to replace meeker in the poem.
5. Find the most suitable word to replace trinket in the context of the poem.
1. Identify the one that does not belong to the group.
2. The given letters form a series. Select that letter from the given alternative which will continue the given series.
L N P R T ?
3. Find the letter which will end the first word and start the second word. SHAR?ARS
4. Rover stands 6th from the left end in a queue of 15 persons at the bus stop. What will be his position from the right end in the queue?
5. What will be the order of the occurrence of the following days?
2. Independence Day
3. Republic Day
4. Gandhi Jayanti
5. Klien walks towards East and then towards South. After walking some distance, he turns towards West and then turns to his left. In which direction, is he walking now?
1. Which of the following is wrongly matched with their group?
2. Given below is the life cycle of cockroach. Some parts are missed out to be labelled. Label them, so as to complete the diagram.
A B C
(a) Eggs Nymph Adult
(b) Nymph Eggs Adult
(c) Adult Nymph Eggs
(d) Eggs Adult Nymph
3. 3. If we do not take care of our mouth, we can get even toothache. Arrange following steps causing toothache in correct sequence.
I. Acid creates cavity in teeth causing toothache.
II. Bits of food sticks to the tooth.
III. Germs salt (bacteria) grow in the mouth.
IV. Germs breakdown the food particles which produces acid.
(a) II, III, IV, I
(b) I, IV, III, II
(c) II, IV, III, I
(d) IV, II, III, I
4. As we all know that digestion of food begins in mouth itself. Match correctly the different processes that take place in mouth to aid digestion.
(i) Softens the food to a pulp.
(ii) Pushes bits of food to food pipe.
(iii) Break up the food into smaller particles.
5. What does the arrow Z represent?
(a) Release of water and minerals to the soil
(b) Absorption of water and minerals from the soil by roots
(c) Absorption of carbon dioxide from soil
(d) Release of oxygen into the atmosphere
6. Absorption of carbon dioxide and release of oxygen is represented by which arrow?
(a) X and Y
(b) Y and X
(c) Y and Z
(d) Z and X
1. The population of the city where Diana born is 145526. What is the population when rounded off to nearest thousand?
2. Look at the given numbers.
17, 18, 19, 16
Which two numbers should be selected from the above box, so that the following equation becomes true?
(a) 18, 16
(b) 17, 19
(c) 18, 19
(d) 17, 16
3. Tancy daily studies for few hours. She studied 6 hours on Monday, as shown in the model.
On Tuesday, she studied for more hours than on Monday. Which of the following fractions could represent the number of hours Tancy studied on Tuesday?
4. A student is given the dimensions of rectangles A, B and C. Help him/her to find the rectangle(s) whose perimeter is greater than or equal to its area.
A : length = 8.5 cm, breadth = 2 cm B : length = 5 cm, breadth = 4 cm C : side 4 cm
(c) Both A and C
(d) Both B and C
5. George bought 30 pencils and 20 pens for ` 5 and ` 10 each respectively. He wants to distribute it among the maximum number of children. What is the amount each child will pay to the Geroge?